TECHNICAL DETAILS GAP-MET® / S
- Wrapped composite sliding bearing
- Steel / graphite bronze
- DIN 1494 / ISO 3547
- Available with graphite film
- Slots or drills are available in different constructions
- High load capacity and stability , suitable for all slow movements and contaminated environments, no moisture absorption, good chemical resistance.
- Support material Steel*
- Sliding layer CuSn **– Shake down layer: Graphite film
- Stainless steel support material: GAP-MET®/N
Bronze support material: GAP-MET®/B
- Specific load capacity static ≤ 260 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic ≤ 80 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed < 0.5 [m/s]
- Friction value *** 0.1 [µ] to 0.2 [µ] dry
- Temperature strain -150 [°C] to +280 [°C]
- Max. PV-value 1.0 [N/mm² x m/s] dry
- Housing Ø H7
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting H8/H9
- Shaft tolerance d7/e7
- Steel hardened > 180 HB, surface roughness Rz ≤ 4
- Housing: Mounting bevel min. 1.5mm x 15-45°
- Shaft: Mounting bevel 5 mm x 15°, edges rounded
- The application of an adequate force fitting mandrel is advisable. Grease lubrication of the outer surface may be necessary when mounting.
- GAP-MET®/S is a maintenance-free composite sliding bearing. Oil or grease lubrication is possible.
RANGE OF APPLICATION
- Hydropower plants, general power plants, plastics machines
* For special requirements, e.g. a higher temperature range, we can offer different types of materials.
** The above stated material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. Through changes of the application conditions, eg. higher sliding speed or strain, these values are subject to change.